Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kitchen Inspiration

Unfortunately, I've spent the better part of the weekend in bed, trying to kick a virus. The upside? I've had plenty of time to catch up on my Google Reader, and am finding myself totally inspired by some of the kitchens in the design blogs I frequent. I love looking at these pictures and imagining long, lazy Sunday afternoons preparing a roast with a glass of Malbec in hand, quiet mornings with the New York Times and a mug of freshly brewed coffee, and intimate dinner parties with family and friends.

I like the idea of having a table right in the kitchen (as the first photo illustrates), perfect for catching up with a friend while the homemade chocolate chip cookies are in the oven, or hanging out with a good book and some Chai tea, keeping an eye on the pot of chili on the stove. In the second photo, a versatile and mobile island boasts great storage. I'm digging the array of colorful cookbooks (I assume they're cookbooks anyway) in the third photo. And finally, I love the clean, contemporary lines in the fourth photo, and the way the room is warmed up with quirky cherry blossom-inspired touches.

Photo from Apartment Therapy.

Photo from Domino.

Photo from House to Home.

Photo from Domino.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the top one. Clean and uncluttered while still being cozy. I do love the wall colors in the second one. Was the color tint changed at all in the third one? It looks oddly antiqued/sepia.