Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happiness is a caramel-covered marshmallow.

So, I didn't make it home to Chicago due to the gigantic winter storm-pocalypse that made traveling to or from various parts of the country pretty much impossible this past week. Jason's family was kind enough to host me for Christmas though. So, even though I didn't get to go home, I had an absolutely wonderful time - and SO much good food! In addition to many amazing meals, I was also the very happy recipient of a box of caramel-covered marshmallows (only sold at Christmastime...couldn't find a link), uber-rich hot chocolate, and chocolate marshmallows, a selection of artisan sea salts (all from Williams Sonoma), and Kevin Zraly's Complete Wine Course from Jason's parents; a membership to the Artisanal Cheese of the Month Club and Foodie Fight trivia game from Jason; and a gorgeous Cuisinart food processor from Mom and Dad.

Oh, and my Christmas gift to myself. My four-year-old laptop has served me well, but it's really on its last legs. It's been hard to even get motivated to update this blog, since it takes forever to load anything anymore. It's due to arrive in a couple weeks, at which point you can look forward to more frequent updates from me, since I'll be looking for any excuse to use it!

Happy holidays everyone! I hope yours are filled with good cheer, good company, and of course, good food.

No comments: