Tuesday, December 30, 2008

In 2009, I will...


1. Learn to perfectly roast a chicken
2. Eat more locally produced foods when possible.
3. Experiment with cooking an assortment of interesting vegetables from the farmers' market.
4. Use my new food processor to make homemade salsa (I use ripe tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, onions, lime juice, and salt) and guacamole (avocados, red onion, serrano chiles, cilantro, lime juice, and salt).
5. Find more reasons to drink champagne (in moderation!)
6. Try pickling my own vegetables.
7. Try banh mi at one of the many area Vietnamese restaurants.
8. Indulge in a dozen oysters at Hank's Oyster Bar. By myself. With a glass of Sancerre. And maybe a good book.
9. Spice things up by incorporating more chiles into my cooking.
10. Cook a meal for an old friend
11. Cook a meal with Jason and eat it picnic-style on a blanket on my apartment floor like we did the first time we cooked at my apartment before I'd bought a table and chairs.
12. Buy a copy of How to Cook Everything by the venerable Mark Bittman, and start working my way through it.
13. Update this blog more often!

Photo by Flickr user Johammond.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Have you looked into joining a CSA (community supported agriculture?). We joined one last summer and it pretty much took care of the 1) eating more locally produced food and 2) experimenting with seasonal vegetables part of things. Of course, I still had to go to the farmer's market almost every week...my CSA box did not contain eggs, bread, or anything other than veggies. Happy New Year!

john said...

Happy New Year!

One of my resolutions is to read interesting and entertaining blog more frequently.

john said...

p.s. Another of my resolutions is to proofread my comments before posting.

I intended to write that "One of my resolutions is to read YOUR interesting and entertaining blog more frequently."

Analiese said...

I've thought about joining a CSA, but never actually took the plunge and signed up. I will look into it again at your suggestion. Thanks!