Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Cuppa Kava

This afternoon, I was out running a few errands, and was super psyched to find that my neighborhood Yes! Organic Market is now stocking Yogi Kava tea. Kava root has long been prized for its ability to relax the mind and induce sleep, and the stuff is no joke. I'd tried some a little while ago at my sister's recommendation, and about a half hour after drinking a cup, I found myself in a totally blissful relaxed state. Not unpleasantly groggy - just extremely calm. I fell asleep easily, slept straight through until morning (which is unusual for me), and awoke feeling more deeply refreshed than I had in a long while. This is some seriously awesome tea. If you don't live near Yes! Organic Market, you can purchase the tea from Yogi's website, or, in bulk, from Amazon. (I'm not sure if Whole Foods is carrying it at this time. I've checked a few Whole Foods stores and haven't seen it.)

Photo taken from Yogi's web site.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love this stuff too! It's like drinking a massage combined with a yoga class....or something. :-)

Analiese said...

Haha, I know what you mean! I like that description.